Gas pain is something common that is experienced by everyone at some point in their lives. While passing intestinal gas or flatulus is done by all of us as part of our daily routine, it can be embarrassing if it becomes in excess.
Again, when gas gets trapped and causes pain, it can raise false alarms regarding a heart problem. Sometimes certain food consumption can lead to intestinal gas build up or lead to constipation or diarrhea. These conditions are accompanied by pains that are mainly due to the build up of gas in the intestine. The symptoms, causes and common home remedies are discussed in the subsequent sections.
Causes Of Gas Build Up In StomachWhile gas pain in the chest might be felt, it is mainly due to gas build up in the abdominal region.
• Gas is formed when the bacteria in the colon ferments the carbohydrates that have not been digested in the small intestine
• High fiber foods and healthy foods often fall in such categories of foods that are difficult to digest
• Fiber is known to be good for the system and it is known to keep the digestive tract in working order by removing toxins, controlling the cholesterol levels as well as blood sugar. However, fiber also leads to gas formation.
• High fiber foods that can cause gas and gas pains are vegetables, fruits, beans and peas, whole grains and others
• High fiber supplements like psyllium can cause such problems
• Even carbonated beverage like beer or soda can lead to gas formation
• Gas may be formed due to food intolerance
• Gas may be formed when one suffers from irritable bowel syndrome or ulcerative colitis
• When excess air is gulped while eating