Known as a traditional herbal drink, chamomile tea has been used across the world for centuries. Loaded with various powerful medicinal properties, chamomile tea has been used to treat various disorders.
This herbal tea is made by using two types of chamomiles and they are German chamomile and Roman chamomile. The herb chamomile basically belongs to the Asteraceae family and refers to a range of daisy-like plants.
What Makes Chamomile Useful To Treat Ailments
The daisy-like flowers of the chamomile plant contain volatile oils, such as bisabolol, bisabolol oxides A and B, and matricin. Apart from that it also contains flavonoids, particularly a component called apigenin. Some other therapeutic as well as healing properties in it, add to its usefulness to treat various health issues including skin and hair.
How to Prepare Chamomile Tea:
There are various benefits of chamomile tea for the overall health of a person. To get the maximum benefits of chamomile tea it is important to know how to brew a cup of chamomile tea. Let’s learn it:
- Dried Chamomile Flowers – 2 to 3 tsp
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice (Optional) – 1 tsp
- Honey (Optional) – 1 tsp
- Take 2 to 3 tsp of dried chamomile flowers in a cup.
- Pour the hot water on the dried chamomile flowers in the cup.
- Leave it for 3 minutes, so that the chamomile flowers get infused in the hot water properly.
- Strain the water and add 1 tsp of honey or lemon juice to make it tastier.