Nowadays most people lead hectic lifestyles. For that, there is a considerable amount of stress faced by most people in their lives. It is known that stress does not produce good effects on the health. If one faces stress for a long period of time it can cause negative effects on the body, behavior and moods. It can also adversely affect short term as well as long term physical problems such as learning abilities, impaired memory, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure and a compromised immune system. There are many ways to reduce stress such as taking up yoga, exercise and even the right food in order to counteract stress.
Top 15 Super Foods to Fight Stress
1. Green Tea Green tea has many helpful properties which can help to reduce stress and calm the mind. Benefits • Green tea contains powerful antioxidants such as flavonoids, polyphenols catechins among others • These antioxidants help to create a positive mod • They can bring on a calming effect on the mind and body If one is undergoing a stressful situation, it is best to opt for several cups of green tea during the day. It is also preferable to opt for black tea as well. Both types of tea are known to have beneficial plant compounds that can help to counteract the effects of stress on our lives.
2. Blueberries Blueberries have many benefits and most of them also prove effective towards handling stress. Benefits • Blueberries are packed with antioxidants which can help to reduce the stress levels • The vitamins C and E that these berries contain as well as minerals like manganese and magnesium are helpful when it comes to handling the effects of stress • If the blueberries are consumed regularly you will be able to handle insomnia, mood disorders and depression This fruit is beneficial in many ways. One can even use these berries to make shakes and desserts of they are trying to lose weight.
3. Milk You might have scoffed at your mom when she told you to drink milk regularly, but research shows that milk intake on a regular basis can help to counteract stress. Benefits • Even a glass of skim milk has good amount of antioxidants • There are essential vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, D as well as calcium and protein • Free radicals that are released when one is stressed are fought by such nutrients • One will surely feel calmer when one drinks a glass of milk Indeed, a great way to start the day is to have a bowl of whole grain cereal along with skim milk. One could also opt for other milk based products like yogurt or cottage cheese.
4. Spinach This green vegetable offers many nutritional benefits that help to counter stress. Benefits • It is a rich source of vitamins C, A and B complex • There are any minerals included here like potassium, calcium, phosphorous and magnesium If one consumes a cup of spinach daily they will surely feel the relaxing effect of the vegetable on themselves. One can add the vegetable in their wraps, sandwiches as well as in omelets or salads. The vegetable is known to have other beneficial nutritional properties for which the immune system is also well fortified by its regular consumption.
5. Almonds Almonds among nuts are great snack options when one is stressed. Benefits • The nuts are high in vitamins like B and E • The minerals that it contains are healthy oils, zinc and magnesium • It is a great form of fiber One can consume the nuts in their raw or the roasted form. The nuts are frequently added in baked items and desserts. Not only are the stress hormones reduced, blood pressure is reduced and energy levels boosted when one takes up a handful of almonds every so often.
Who doesn’t want that shapely body, where every part of the body is perfect, starting from the hands and legs to your skin? But the most important thing here is to get a healthy body, which will ultimately help you to get and maintain a healthy body shape. And in this process to make yourself healthy as well as getting a perfect figure, one thing will definitely help you and that is detoxifying your body, commonly known as detox.
Every day we get exposed to toxins through food, drinks and air and when the toxins get deposited in our body over a period of time, it badly affects our body. Detox is the physiological process of the body, which is carried out by the liver. It cleanses the body and keeps it healthy by removing the toxins from it. It also makes the body perform more efficiently. This cleansing process speeds up the metabolism, thus burns more calories. And burning more calories helps to lose weight to a great extent.
Detox Lemon Water Recipes for Weight Loss
Water works as a natural detox, but when you combine it with lemon, it works wonders to lose weight. Lemon is a good diuretic, which will help you get rid of water weight. The high content of Vitamin C in it also helps to lose weight. The consumption of Vitamin C breaks down the fat that is stored in the body, the main cause of weight gain.
So you can have the lemon infused water to gift yourself a wonderful well-shaped body. There are many detox lemon waters that you can prepare at home to lose weight and get that perfect 10 figure with a flat tummy.
1. Take Lemon Juice in the Morning
To kick start your weight loss program, the first thing you should do to take a glass of lemon juice. It will help in good digestion and spur up your energy level to do your whole day’s work, which will burn more calories and ultimately help you to lose weight.
Thing You Need
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Water – 1 glass
Thing You Should Do
After getting up from the bed, take 1 glass of water.
Add 2 tbsp lemon juice to the water.
Stir it well and drink.
Drink this detox lemon water every day to boost your energy level and lose weight.
2. Lemon, Watermelon, Ginger and Mint Water for Flat Tummy
This lemon infused water includes various ingredients, such as lemon, watermelon, ginger, mint and filtered water. The intake of this lemon water will flush out the toxins and keep you hydrated. Drinking this water will make you feel full, for which you will consume less food. And less food means more weight loss.
Watermelon contains an organic compound, known as citrulline. It is an amino acid that cleanses the liver and kidneys of ammonia.
Watermelon not only reduces belly fat, but also helps in the overall weight loss. It is a low calorie and low-fat food, so when you eat it, you feel full without adding any calorie. Apart from that it is also one of the best natural diuretics that help to check and flush out the unnecessary water that is retained in the body. Thus watermelon helps in weight reduction that is caused due to unnecessary water retention in the body.