Nowadays most people lead hectic lifestyles. For that, there is a considerable amount of stress faced by most people in their lives. It is known that stress does not produce good effects on the health. If one faces stress for a long period of time it can cause negative effects on the body, behavior and moods. It can also adversely affect short term as well as long term physical problems such as learning abilities, impaired memory, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure and a compromised immune system. There are many ways to reduce stress such as taking up yoga, exercise and even the right food in order to counteract stress.
Top 15 Super Foods to Fight Stress
1. Green Tea Green tea has many helpful properties which can help to reduce stress and calm the mind. Benefits • Green tea contains powerful antioxidants such as flavonoids, polyphenols catechins among others • These antioxidants help to create a positive mod • They can bring on a calming effect on the mind and body If one is undergoing a stressful situation, it is best to opt for several cups of green tea during the day. It is also preferable to opt for black tea as well. Both types of tea are known to have beneficial plant compounds that can help to counteract the effects of stress on our lives.
2. Blueberries Blueberries have many benefits and most of them also prove effective towards handling stress. Benefits • Blueberries are packed with antioxidants which can help to reduce the stress levels • The vitamins C and E that these berries contain as well as minerals like manganese and magnesium are helpful when it comes to handling the effects of stress • If the blueberries are consumed regularly you will be able to handle insomnia, mood disorders and depression This fruit is beneficial in many ways. One can even use these berries to make shakes and desserts of they are trying to lose weight.
3. Milk You might have scoffed at your mom when she told you to drink milk regularly, but research shows that milk intake on a regular basis can help to counteract stress. Benefits • Even a glass of skim milk has good amount of antioxidants • There are essential vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, D as well as calcium and protein • Free radicals that are released when one is stressed are fought by such nutrients • One will surely feel calmer when one drinks a glass of milk Indeed, a great way to start the day is to have a bowl of whole grain cereal along with skim milk. One could also opt for other milk based products like yogurt or cottage cheese.
4. Spinach This green vegetable offers many nutritional benefits that help to counter stress. Benefits • It is a rich source of vitamins C, A and B complex • There are any minerals included here like potassium, calcium, phosphorous and magnesium If one consumes a cup of spinach daily they will surely feel the relaxing effect of the vegetable on themselves. One can add the vegetable in their wraps, sandwiches as well as in omelets or salads. The vegetable is known to have other beneficial nutritional properties for which the immune system is also well fortified by its regular consumption.
5. Almonds Almonds among nuts are great snack options when one is stressed. Benefits • The nuts are high in vitamins like B and E • The minerals that it contains are healthy oils, zinc and magnesium • It is a great form of fiber One can consume the nuts in their raw or the roasted form. The nuts are frequently added in baked items and desserts. Not only are the stress hormones reduced, blood pressure is reduced and energy levels boosted when one takes up a handful of almonds every so often.
Who doesn’t want that shapely body, where every part of the body is perfect, starting from the hands and legs to your skin? But the most important thing here is to get a healthy body, which will ultimately help you to get and maintain a healthy body shape. And in this process to make yourself healthy as well as getting a perfect figure, one thing will definitely help you and that is detoxifying your body, commonly known as detox.
Every day we get exposed to toxins through food, drinks and air and when the toxins get deposited in our body over a period of time, it badly affects our body. Detox is the physiological process of the body, which is carried out by the liver. It cleanses the body and keeps it healthy by removing the toxins from it. It also makes the body perform more efficiently. This cleansing process speeds up the metabolism, thus burns more calories. And burning more calories helps to lose weight to a great extent.
Detox Lemon Water Recipes for Weight Loss
Water works as a natural detox, but when you combine it with lemon, it works wonders to lose weight. Lemon is a good diuretic, which will help you get rid of water weight. The high content of Vitamin C in it also helps to lose weight. The consumption of Vitamin C breaks down the fat that is stored in the body, the main cause of weight gain.
So you can have the lemon infused water to gift yourself a wonderful well-shaped body. There are many detox lemon waters that you can prepare at home to lose weight and get that perfect 10 figure with a flat tummy.
1. Take Lemon Juice in the Morning
To kick start your weight loss program, the first thing you should do to take a glass of lemon juice. It will help in good digestion and spur up your energy level to do your whole day’s work, which will burn more calories and ultimately help you to lose weight.
Thing You Need
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Water – 1 glass
Thing You Should Do
After getting up from the bed, take 1 glass of water.
Add 2 tbsp lemon juice to the water.
Stir it well and drink.
Drink this detox lemon water every day to boost your energy level and lose weight.
2. Lemon, Watermelon, Ginger and Mint Water for Flat Tummy
This lemon infused water includes various ingredients, such as lemon, watermelon, ginger, mint and filtered water. The intake of this lemon water will flush out the toxins and keep you hydrated. Drinking this water will make you feel full, for which you will consume less food. And less food means more weight loss.
Watermelon contains an organic compound, known as citrulline. It is an amino acid that cleanses the liver and kidneys of ammonia.
Watermelon not only reduces belly fat, but also helps in the overall weight loss. It is a low calorie and low-fat food, so when you eat it, you feel full without adding any calorie. Apart from that it is also one of the best natural diuretics that help to check and flush out the unnecessary water that is retained in the body. Thus watermelon helps in weight reduction that is caused due to unnecessary water retention in the body.
Cataract is a common eye disease, which generally occurs to older people. People who are over 60 often experience blurry or cloudy vision and the culprit here is none other than cataract. It can affect one or both the eyes.
You will be surprised to know that cataract is the main cause of blindness in the world. According to Prevent Blindness America (PBA) over 30 million Americans are going to be affected by cataract by the year 2010.
What Causes Cataract
The lens of our eyes mainly consists of water and protein. The protein is arranged in such a way that it keeps the lens the clear and allows the light to pass through the lens. But as the person gets older, the protein starts to build up in the lens of the eyes. It first affects a smaller portion of the lens but as the days pass by it may affect the whole lens and makes it difficult to see.
Age is the most common cause of cataract but apart from that, there are many other reasons due to which cataract can occur to a person.
Medical Conditions: It occurs due to certain medical conditions like diabetes, atopic dermatitis, eczema, ichthyosis, basal cell nevus and pemphigus. It also occurs due to hypertension and obesity.
Medication: There is a chance that you may get affected with cataract if you are using some medication like corticosteroids.
Smoking and alcohol consumption: If you are abusing your body by regularly consuming alcohol and smoking, then there is a chance that cataract may affect you soon.
Vitamin deficiency: Insufficient beta carotene, selenium, Vitamin C and E in your body can make you prone to cataract.
Trauma: In this case, the person gets cataract due to some eye injury or inflammation.
Radiation: Radiation of ultra violet rays from the sun is another known cause of cataract. Radiation from microwave and X-rays can also cause cataract.
Congenital: Sometimes babies born with cataract. It may be caused due to some infections in the womb or due to poor development of the baby in the womb.
What are the Symptoms of Cataract
Cataract can lead to blindness if it is not diagnosed in its earlier stage. So it is important for you to know the symptoms of cataract and go for proper treatment to prevent it or stop it from progressing further.
Gradual decline in vision
You can find light from the sun or lamp too glaring
Driving at night becomes difficult
Blurry and cloudy vision
You may experience double vision
Need to change eye glasses frequently
Experience of the fading of colors
Older people with cataract experience nearsightedness
Discoloration of the pupil
Your eyes become sensitive to bright light
Types of Cataract
There are basically three types of cataract which include:
Nuclear Cataract: In this type, cataract affects the center of the lens. It generally occurs to old people. It’s the most common type of cataract.
Cortical Cataract: In this type, white wedge-like opacities form on the outer edge of the lens cortex.
Posterior Subcapsular Cataracts: This type of cataract affects the back side of the lens. The people who suffer from diabetes or who are on steroid medications are prone to this type of cataract. This type of cataract spreads fast in comparison to other types of cataracts.
Home Remedies for Cataract
Surgery is recommended for the advanced stage of cataract when it becomes almost difficult for the person to see and to perform the daily activities like reading, driving, seeing at night etc.
Cataract is a curable eye disease but can lead to blindness if it is not treated at the earlier stage. There are many home remedies for cataract that you can use to treat it in its initial stage.
Aniseed, Coriander and Brown Sugar Mixture
This simple herbal mixture may help to prevent cataract if it is in its early stage.
What You Need:
Aniseed powder – 2 tbsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients well and consume it.
Take this mixture regularly in the morning and evening to get effective results against cataract.