Thursday, January 19, 2017
Changing your life sounds daunting. But sometimes, it’s the super-small steps you take—like chewing more to feel fuller and cut calories, or measuring your blood pressure in both arms to get a better reading and fight off heart disease—that leave the biggest impact.
Check out these 2-second tips from our top advisors, and start living a healthier life immediately.
This article was written by Jenny Sugar and repurposed with permission from POPSUGAR Fitness.
Losing weight is a journey composed of a million healthy choices we make each day. So keep these 100 tips in mind to continue on that healthy path, little by little.
- Mix up your routine to avoid weight-loss plateaus.
- Muscle mass burns more calories, so include three 20-minute strength-training sessions each week.
- Go for kettlebell workouts—the average person burns 400 calories in 20 minutes.
- Add sprinting intervals to your workout to target belly fat.
- Add an extra five minutes to your cardio routine.
- Choose faster-paced styles of yoga such as Ashtanga or Vinyasa to burn more calories while also getting a good stretch.
- Keep weights in the living room so you can do some reps while watching TV.
- Do one of these 10-minute videos right now.
Nowadays women are more health conscious than what they were some decades back. Women who are responsible for bearing children and for rearing them, need to look after their health not only during the child bearing years but even after that in order to prevent the onset of ailments like breast cancer.
Women are often found to neglect their health as they cater to the needs of their family.
However, women are slowly realizing that they need to take in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables which will provide them different vitamins and minerals for staying healthy. Vitamins are essential chemicals which are necessary to help the body function properly.
As one ages, it is necessary to increase the intake of vitamins not only for younger looking skin as well as ensuring good health and a fortified immune system.
Simple meditation techniques to help a beginner
Tips so simple, yet very effective to have a deeper meditation experience:
- Choose a convenient time
- Choose a Quiet Place
- Sit in a Comfortable Posture
- Keep a Relatively Empty Stomach
- Start With a Few Warm-ups
- Take a Few Deep Breaths
- Keep a Gentle Smile on Your Face
- Open Your Eyes Slowly and Gently
Did you know by spending just a little time preparing for your meditation, you can actually have a deeper experience in meditation? The question about ‘how to meditate’ and especially, ‘how to meditate at home’ become easier when you prepare yourself.
Here are some meditation tips for beginners, to help you prepare for your meditation at home.